Using a Destiny Point is a free action. There are no limitations on how many may be used or in what fashion, short of what the GM will allow (i.e. using several to immediately end an encounter). The maximum number a character may have is equal to their character level.
Destiny Points can be used to do the following:
- Automatically score a critical hit instead of rolling for an attack. This does not gain you an extra attack. The GM may place limitations on this.
- Automatically avoid a single attack made against you. This can include special attacks, spells, combat maneuvers, and hits on vehicles or mounts you are operating.
- Automatically remove one condition, including grappled, engulfed, dying, or death.
- Act out of turn, changing your position in the initiative order. This can be used to take an extra turn in an initiative order.
- Take damage that would otherwise harm another within your reach. For attacks that damage more than one character, this could used to take the damage more than once.
- Automatically achieve the maximum result on one damage or duration roll, no roll needed.
- Immediately gain three Hero Points.